This month is Pride Month! We’re showcasing papers which look to promote awareness of the LGBTQ+ community, and push for equality. We’re also adding papers more generally about human rights.
We have a Pride Month special topic Hub on SSRN, which curates many different papers on the same theme, and presents them as a collection. You can find that hub here.
Below are the papers we’ve showcased on our Twitter so far. Papers will be added as they come through. If you have a paper you’d like shared, let us know at email@example.com.
Pride Month Papers
- 303 Creative v Elenis: What’s Wrong with Preemptive Litigation of Discrimination
- Bisexual Erasure, Marjorie Rowland, and the Evolution of LGBTQ Rights
- An Exercise in Detachment: The Council of Europe and Sexual Minority Asylum Claims
- Colonizing Queerness
- Demographic Trends in Sweden’s Transgender Population (1973–2020)
- Do Laws Shape Attitudes? Evidence from Same-Sex Relationship Recognition Policies in Europe
- Gender Identity Discrimination and Religious Freedom
- Hormone Therapy, Suicidal Risk, and Transgender Youth in the U.S.
- How Far Should the State Go to Counter Prejudice? On the Legitimacy of the Role of the State to Change Hearts and Minds
- Identity by Committee
- Inconceivable Families
- Inside the Master’s Gates: Resources and Tools to Dismantle Racism and Sexism in Higher Education
- Legal Gender Recognition in Nepal and Comparative Context
- LGBT Rights Claims for Marriage Equality and the Possibilities of Transforming Indian Family Law
- Look Who Is Talking: Direct and Indirect Effects of Criticism on LGBT Rights
- Male-Biased Sex Ratios and Masculinity Norms: Evidence from Australia’s Colonial Past
- Minority Whistleblowers: Evidence from the LGBTQ Community
- Misunderstanding Meriwether
- Progressive Textualism
- A Queer Analysis of Intellectual Property
- Queering the Reasonable Person
- Reducing Sexual-Orientation Discrimination: Experimental Evidence from Basic Information Treatments
- Rich Dad, Gay Dad: The Wealth Traps of Gay Parenthood
- Sexual and Gender Identity Work on Social Media
- The Courts, Public Opinion and the Rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Persons: A Hong Kong Perspective
- The Culture War Over Girls’ Sports: Understanding the Argument for Transgender Girls’ Inclusion
- The Effect of Same-Sex Marriage Legalization on Adoptions and Family Formation in the U.S.
- The Emerging Crime of Persecution Based on Sexual Orientation
- The LGBT Equality Gap and Federalism
- The New Intersectional and Anti-Racist LGBTQIA Politics: Some Thoughts on the Path Ahead
- The Political Economy of Paternalism
- The Possible Forms of Professionalism: Credibility and the Performance of Queer Sexualities Among Barristers in England and Wales
- The Profound and Intimate Power of the Obergefell Decision: Equal Dignity as a Suspect Class
- The Right to be Public: India’s LGBT Movement Builds an Argument about Privacy
- Transgender Students and the First Amendment
- When Teachers Misgender: The Free Speech Claims of Public School Teachers