Here are the latest announcements from SSRN:
Announcing CPR LATAM – Communication Policy Research Conference 2014 Online Proceedings on SSRN
The Information Systems & eBusiness Network (ISN) is pleased to announce the CPR LATAM – Communication Policy Research Conference 2014. The proceedings are available to all users at no charge and contain abstracts of publicly available papers presented at the conference with links to the full text in the SSRN eLibrary.
CPR LATAM is a cross-disciplinary academic network of research centers which seeks to advance knowledge on the social, economic and political impact of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in the Americas. It fosters research and dialogue among researchers who examine the economic, technological and policy issues that affect ICT and their impact on development.
The key goals of CPR LATAM are:
– Examine and learn from policies that accelerate digital inclusion in the region
– Learn about each others’ research, shape the research agenda and present analysis and research and subject them to peer critique
– Look into ways that could result in the modernization of networks
– Advance the adoption of new technologies with business models appropriate for the region
– Assist policymakers in designing different models of national Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) strategies and evaluating the impact of new technologies in socioeconomic development
– Educate policymakers and the general public about the importance of ICT investments in the delivery of education, health and other government services
– Facilitate dialogue and promote public-private partnerships around ICT policy objectives
– Disseminate successful experiences (and failures) and promote exchange of ideas around ICT policy across the region.
CPR LATAM’s annual Conference was held on May 30th-31st, 2014 in Bogota, Colombia. The purpose of this conference was to bring together scholars, members from the private sector and regulators to learn from the studies and experiences that all of them have encountered as they work in the field of ICT policy.
View Papers: http://www.ssrn.com/link/CPR-LATAM-2014.html
Conference URL: http://www.cprlatam.org